Little Rock -- Arkansas Surgical Hospital (ASH) has received the coveted Physician Hospital of the Year award for 2018. Each year, Physician Hospitals of America (PHA) recognizes one physician-owned hospital or clinic that exemplifies high quality, community service and leadership.
Physician-owned hospitals are centers of excellence, providing the highest quality of healthcare while giving back to their local community said PHA President John W. Dietz, Jr., MD.
As an example, Dr. Dietz cites that ASH was one of only 19 hospitals in the United States last year to receive "double five-star" status from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, obtaining the highest rankings for both overall quality and patient satisfaction.
To be named Hospital of the Year, ASH had to meet the following criteria:
- High achievement in published measures of clinical care, patient experience, outcomes and efficiency.
- Recognition via nationally-esteemed awards and accolades.
- Exceptional record of community service and outreach.
- Demonstrated activity in support of PHA priorities such as legislative fly-ins and grass roots initiatives.
- Must be an active member of PHA in good standing.